「Foundation Certificate in Sports Coaching Theory」
Foundation Certificate in Sports Coaching Theory
Jockey Club "Jump Rope Together!" Rope Skipping Scheme is now launched. This programme is funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charity Trust. In addition to promoting rope skipping in primary, secondary schools and communities in Hong Kong, it also provides subsidies for enrolling in sports-related professional courses for HKRSA rope skipping coaches. After completing the course, the coach can get most of the subvention for the course.
Purposes / Aims
I) Covers basic theoretical knowledge about sports coaching, coach management, and sports science.
II) Applies the knowledge and skills learned in the course to actual coaching through internships.
III) Prepare for the future employment of coaches and continuous learning.
• HKRSA registered coach
• Advanced / Intermediate Rope Skipping Coach Level
• Minimum 2 years experience in coaching rope skipping
• Previous contribution to HKRSA preferred
• Advanced Coach: 5 coaches per year
• Intermediate Coach: 10 coaches per year
Course Fee: HKD $8,000
• Advanced Coach: HKD $6,400 (80% of course fee)
• Intermediate Coach: HKD $5,600 (70% of course fee)
(#: Subvention will be provided after completed the course and fulfilled the requirements 15 - 20 hours coaching in 3 weeks.
Step [ 1 ] Apply for subvention from HKRSA - Deadline: 9th April 2020 (Thursday)
• Please email to
• Email Subject: 預先申請報名「運動教練理論基礎證書」課程 - (Full name in Chinese)
• Please attach your CV and state your reasons for enrolment
Step [ 2 ] Review the applications by HKRSA, application results will be announced after the deadline.
Step [ 3 ] Submit the course application to HKSI - Deadline: 24th April 2020 (Friday)
Provide 15 - 20 hours coaching in workshops / training classes of HKJC Programme
(Hourly rate: HKD $380 and 5% MPF contributed by HKRSA)
Application Fee HKD $200 on coaches' own expenses
HKRSA will provide subvention to eligible coaches. Regarding the latest status on COVID-19, the courses may use E-learning Mode
If you are interested, please send us an email to for further information. Or visit the website of Hong Kong Coaching Committee for details: